I seriously love these boxes! Its such a nice surprise every month. I am not much of a toy buyer and I threw away so many baby toys so its nice for Sam to get some age appropriate toys vs Lego's and choking hazards that the older boys play with! Here is a peek at this months box!
Here is a link for 50% off your first box. It brings the cost to $15. Also a little insider tip. If you go to cancel each month they will offer you 50% off the next box if you stay! So you never really have to pay full price. It kind of rocks!!!! Enjoy!
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Well it only took me 4 babies to fully narrow this list down to my all time favorite items for a baby in their first year. If you would have asked me after baby 1 I would have said things like a boppy or bumbo seat or a swing but as we had more kids we barely used those things and noticed we didn't need near as much baby gear! So here if my refined list!
1. Jennifer Ann baby set- This was hands down the BEST purchase I made from all the boys baby years. It was so worth it for those tiny personalized leggings, lovie, hat and blanket. I had millions of compliments on them and Sam still uses his blanket. Its such an amazing keepsake and the fabric is 100% organic and Jennifer is AMAZING!! A mom made business!
2. Sophie The Giraffe So Pure teether- The older 3 had the normal Sophie that squeaks but I found this one for Sam and these are WAY better. Easier to grip for their tiny hands and no noise! Plus there are two different teething textures. Double the fun! haha
3. Sleep Sacks- I LOVE THESE!!!! I just had the Carters brands fleece ones and they were a life saver. I am a huge psycho about babies and blankets so this was the best of both worlds. They were in a nice cozy cocoon while they slept and I didn't have to stress about anything in their face!
4. Rock and Play Sleeper- YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS!!!!! They were not around for babies 1-3 but holy crap we had one for Sam and it was a life changer. He slept next to us in our room in this for 6 months or until he started rolling over at night. It was so handy. Lightweight so you can move it all over. I would carry it downstairs for naps and play time. Its the BEST!
5. Cloud B Sound Animal- We call him Mr. Foxy and Sam is obsessed. He sleeps with him every nap and at night. The sounds totally help calm him and he loves to cuddle and play with him. They have all different animals but we loved the Fox!
6. Munchkin Straw Cup- The best cup we have EVER had! Its a straw cup but the straw is weighted so they can sip from any angle. So they can flip it up and still get the flow. Its seriously a game changer. Sam is OBSESSED and it's bad because he gets angry at any straw cup that doesn't act the same!! We have created a monster! But it's a great cup!
7. Sqooshi Reuseable Pouches- Sam sucked those food pouches down so darn quick that we started to make our own. These are easy to fill and clean. I would just mix food up in the blender and pour directly into these and feed him. So much cheaper than buying them!
8. Phil & Ted's Clip On High Chair- This chair has been the best. We used to have a high chair that attached to an actual chair which was great but it used up seating for an adult so this chair is amazing because it clips onto the table! I also clip it onto the island counter. Its easy to pack up and take along on trips as well. Amazing purchase.
Those are my refined must have baby items!!! What are your must haves?
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
I usually am horrible at lent and end up always giving in to whatever it is that I give up!!
This year I decided that the things I were choosing to give up really did not have a huge effect. If I gave up chocolate who is that helping. Yes I understand it is teaching me to sacrifice and not always get what I want but I would rather DO SOMETHING for others and impact other people during this lent season. For my birthday I did the #bdaygiftsoflove and it was so much fun. I gave 29 gifts of love and it was honestly the best birthday ever. Giving to others gave me such a warm feeling in my heart and it was honestly such a high. To do something that someone isn't expecting is awesome!
Today Luke and I had a lunch date before Mass and gave our waiter a bigger tip than usual to jump start our #40kinddays It was just something simple and easy to do. The acts don't have to be big or elaborate. There are so many ways to spread love for free. Send someone an email you haven't been in touch with in awhile. Write your childs teacher a thank you note. Open a door for someone. Bake your neighbor a treat. Invite friends over for dinner. Volunteer somewhere. I have a board on pinterest with tons of ideas I had for the birthday gifts of love and a lot of them are FREE!
So please consider joining along with my besties and I as we spend this next 40 days spreading love!! I promise you will be so fired up and love life more by trying to make someone elses day brighter!
Post your pics and hashtag #40kinddays
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Yesterday was hands down the best birthday I have ever had.
A few weeks ago a mom friend of mine posted her birthday where she gave away acts of love all day on her birthday. I followed her journey and it inspired me to follow suit and do the same for my 29th Birthday!! It was fairly simple and honestly the best way to spend my birthday. So often people are only concerned about what THEY will get for THEIR birthday so I turned the tables and boy did that feel good. I gave my mom a gift card, surprised a few friends and family and also surprised complete strangers. I hope that I made their day and gave them a smile! Here is a peek at the day!
My wish is that others will carry this trend out and follow suit! Vincent already wants to do this for his 6th birthday coming up so I am excited to see what he plans for his 6 gifts of love. So this year instead of spending the day just for you give this a try. I have a feeling you will see the world in a brand new light!!! Thank you so much for all the LOVE and support and well wishes yesterday on IG through my posts!! I have never felt so much love!!
If you do follow suit:
tag me @alliedarr so I can cheer you on!!!
I also started a board on pinterest if you want some inspiration!
Much LOVE!!! Spread that LOVE!!!
Thursday, February 5, 2015
Okay the title is not for real! Haha my face wasn't really melting but it sure as heck looked like it when I caked on this homemade biore mask thing. I had to try it out and learn the mistakes before I could post and boy did I learn them!
You will only need two things
1 1/2 TBS milk (I used almond)
1 packet gelatin
I will cut this in half next time because I had more than enough. Microwave or heat on the stove for 10-15 seconds until hot and apply to your face. I did the entire face and I would recommend just the T zone. Your forehead and nose and maybe chin. Let's just say it glues to your face and doesn't feel too great as it rips off teeny hairs haha.
Allow to dry and peel away! That's it. Its a homemade biore strip! It is grossly fascinating seeing it grip your blackheads. I even ran into Jordan's office to show him my my nose. He wasn't as fascinated as I was, buzz kill! So peel away and enjoy your baby bum soft skin!!!