Yesterday I posted my list of my top 5 baby must-haves, while I only listed 5, there are tons more that I love, if only I had all day to list them! Maybe I will list them randomly, Katie commented saying that she does a Monday link up for Must Have items so maybe I could jump on that bandwagon to list my others!
These next items are my "give or take", my list of must haves changed drastically when Luke entered the household, things that I barely used with Vincent were used a lot more so I could get a tiny break here or there! I am so glad I held onto some of these items! Here we go with my list!
1. Boppy Pillow...the funny thing with the boppy pillow is that I used it not so much for breastfeeding but for the boys to lounge in or nap in. I found a love for breastfeeding laying down so that is my main reason for needing no help on that! But my goodness I love the boppy pillow for propping the boys up and keeping them contained those first few months! Also that way when they were little they were elevated and could see a little bit of what was going on around them! They loved the boppy and so did I, also it was great for tummy time! See, baby Vincent loved that boppy pillow...haha, he is such a man!
2. The Swing...Vincent was not that big of a fan of the swing but Luke loved it! It was nice to be able to put him in it and be able to play with Vincent at the same time! Luke loved to nap in it as well! The only thing that sucks is how badly it sucks up batteries, I swear it would die within a few days! I wish it would have plugged into the wall so it could have went all day and night! Graco, get on it! :)
He was only in this for a picture quick so don't judge him for not being strapped in! haha
3.The baby tub...With Vincent I loved it!! When Luke came along it was more of a hassle than it was worth, I would end up with Vincent in the bath and Luke beside the bath because I could not put the baby tub in the bath with Vincent and water! So needless to say I usually gave Luke a bath with Vincent in the big tub vs doing 2 baths at once....
That or...the sink came in handy a lot more with babe #2, quick and easy especially in a pinch...diaper blowouts!
4. Bumbo....The bumbo totally rocks for a few months, I say that because my kids were FAT and the bumbo would squeeze their poor little chubby thighs! For not so chunky babes I bet this thing ROCKS for awhile! Also they would fall out of it a lot! Once Luke figured out how his arms and hands worked he would plunge for things while sitting in the boppy and fall over! It became more hassle than anything when they turned 6 mos, but from months 3-6...ROCKSTAR!
5. The Booster Seat...I cannot believe I did not have this in my top 5 must have's....silly me!! I cannot OBSESS over this chair enough! I love it! This is where I moved Luke after the bumbo, because he could not fall out...okay that is a lie he did once...bad mom alert! But anyways I did not want a high chair when we lived in our old house because there was not a lot of room. I read great reviews on this sucker and at less than 25 bucks how can you pass it up! You just strap it on a regular chair and you are good to go! If you wanna take it somewhere just unhook it, how many high chairs can do that??! I LOVE IT! I think others love it too, Amazon has 5 stars on it! They even have it in PINK now for all you lucky momma's with girls!
6. Sophie the Giraffe/Pacifiers...doesn't everyone and their mom have Sophie now? lol It is literally the only teething toy I bought, the boys liked her squeakiness but they didn't really care one way of the other if they chewed on her or a plastic block! She is pretty cute though and so many people comment on her. The old ladies at mass thinks she is the bee's knee's! As far as pacifiers, my boys refused to take them. With Luke I was practically begging him to take them so he would sleep, but he wouldn't! I bought so many and just ended up throwing them away!
7. The diaper genie...
With just Vincent I had zero use for it, but holy diapers when Luke came... we had diapers out the WAZOO! So we invested in the Diaper Genie and it does ROCK, but now that we are down to just Luke is diapers I barely if ever use it! I swear by good old Glad Force Flex Odor Blocking trash bags and a normal trash can, works like magic I could not stand buying the refills for the diaper genie (rip off) so that could be one reason I stopped using it also! The good thing is it is tiny and compact and not an eyesore, so you can have it anywhere!
I think that is about it for my give or take's, some were more of a take for me obviously but I will have all these items for babe #3, you NEVER know what your baby is going to like until they are here. I have a feeling if this one is a little girl she is going to be way different than the boys! The boys are so easy going that I have a feeling this next one will be high maintenance...Lord help me!
Let me know any items that you thought were a must then turned out to be a bust....
**P.S....Tell me more about these wraps...I see them so OFTEN and I had a sling with Vincent and he hated it but those darn wraps make those babies look so snug...FILL ME IN MAMAS! **